PLEASE NOTE: As of July 19, registration payments can only be made by credit card, as per the Registration Terms below. If you require assistance with payment, please contact the ICED17 Registration Secretariat at email@example.com or by phone at 1-604-822-1050, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 to 16:30 PDT.
The cost of full registration includes the Welcome Reception, Young Member Event, Gala Dinner, Farewell Reception, lunch and refreshment breaks, and all conference materials. There are special reduced rates for on-campus accommodations, ranging from $46- $199 per night. See Accommodation tab to book your room.
We have a number of conference rate possibilities, depending on your professional status and your affiliation to the Design Society (or intention to become/remain affiliated). For more information about the Design Society, its membership types and member benefits, visit http://www.designsociety.org/. By joining the Design Society together with your ICED17 conference registration, you will automatically qualify for a discount of the Design Society registration fee.
|Registration Category||Early Bird Fees
(until April 27)
(Apr 28– Aug 10)
|Non-DS Member + 1 Year DS Full Membership||$1199||$1349|
|Non- DS Member + 2 Year DS Full Membership||$1330||$1480|
|DS Member + 1 Year DS Full Membership||$1199||$1349|
|DS Member + 2 Year DS Full Membership||$1330||$1480|
|Non-DS Student Member||$1085||$1185|
|Non-DS Student Member + 2 Year DS Associate Membership||$950||$1050|
|DS Student-Member + 2 Year DS Associate Membership||$950||$1050|
All registration rates and membership fees are in Canadian Dollars and are subject to but do not include 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Associate Membership is available to students or those having graduated with undergraduate, masters or doctoral degrees within the past two years from time of application. Selecting your status below certifies that you fulfil this requirement.
Full Membership is available to all others.
On-line Registration closes August 10. This allows us to prepare for your arrival.
On-site registration will be available at ICED17. Payment must be made by credit card or Canadian cash.
Presenters paying by cheque or wire transfer MUST have payment to Conference Secretariat by April 24 (Early Bird Deadline).
Registration Terms, Procedures and Contact Information
- Online Payment of Fees – Online payment can be made via the secure registration form with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Payment by Cheque – If you would like to pay by cheque, please complete the online registration form and select the ‘Pay Later’ option on the payment page. All cheques must be made out to ICED17 and MUST be in Canadian funds, drawn from a Canadian bank. Please ensure the registrant’s name is marked clearly on the cheque. Send the cheque to the Registration Secretariat at 5961 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 2C9. Payment by cheques will not be accepted after Tuesday July 18, 2017.
- Payment by Wire Transfer – If you would like to pay by wire transfer, please complete the online registration form and select the ‘Pay Later’ option on the payment page. Contact the Registration Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-604-822-1050. The Secretariat will issue you the wire transfer banking information. Please note that a processing fee of CAD $8.50 applies for all wire transfer payments. Wire transfer payments can only be accepted on first time payments. All other payments must be made by credit card. Payment by Wire Transfer will not be accepted after Tuesday July 18, 2017.
- Confirmation – Your registration and payment will be confirmed by an automatic email. Please use this confirmation as your registration receipt.
- Cancellation Policy – Registration cancellations or revisions must be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com. Refunds will be allowed, based on date of cancellation:
- cancellation requests by April 27, 2017 – full refund, less $35 administrative fee
- cancellation requests by June 14, 2017 – refund 50% of registration fees
- cancellations requested after June 14, 2017 – no refund allowed
- Letter of Invitation to the Conference – A letter of invitation is issued solely for the purpose of assisting participants with visa applications and/or to obtain funding for their attendance at the conference. Such a letter does not imply any financial obligation on the part of the conference organizers. If you require a letter of invitation, please contact the Registration Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-604-822-1050 as soon as possible. Please note that your registration must be complete and paid in full before an invitation letter will be issued.
For inquiries about your registration, please contact the ICED17 Registration Secretariat at email@example.com or by phone 1-604-822-1050.